Triple Chocolate Mini Cream Cakes (vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free) November 20 2015, 0 Comments
Yes, I did say "triple chocolate"... Did I get your attention?
These no-cook, vegan, gluten-free, sugar free cakes are a divine (and healthy) indulgence. And in case you were wondering, they really are as delicious as they look.
Here's the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pecan or almond meal (or any other nut meal you love)
- 4 medium size medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (I use raw, organic)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. You want the crust to slightly stick together.
Grab your mini cheesecake pan (removable bottoms - see photo below) and scoop the crust mixture into it. Press down with your fingers to firmly place the crust into the bottom of the pan.
- 2 cups cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (I use organic)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup cacao powder (I use raw, organic)
- 2.5 tsp Stevia (powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla
Place the cashews into the food processor with maple syrup, vanilla, stevia and water. Blend for a little bit to get it creamy.
Next add in the cacao powder and coconut oil. Blend until nice & smooth. (scrape the sides a few times, then keep blending)
Once the chocolate filling is blended, scoop into the pan on top of the crust. Fill them to the top. Put in the refrigerator for a few hours (or freezer for an hour or two) and let the cakes set before you remove them from the pan.
Add topping of your choice. In this photo, I used raw, organic cacao nibs and a sprinkle of Lakanto sugar (natural, calorie-free sweetener made of high-purity Monk Fruit extract and erythriol).
Makes 12 mini cakes.
* Special thanks to Michelle & Lori for the original recipe (that I modified slightly). You can find more of their amazing healthy recipes on purelytwins.com